Summary:


Reproductive health provider Planned Parenthood said on Monday the Trump administration would cut federal family planning funding as of Tuesday, affecting birth control, cancer screenings and other services for low-income people.

Planned Parenthood said that nine of its affiliates received notice that funding would be withheld under a program known as Title X, which has supported healthcare services for the poor since 1970. The Wall Street Journal reported last week the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) planned an immediate freeze of $27.5 million in family planning grants for groups including Planned Parenthood.


    • Hylactor@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      10
      ·
      2 days ago

      Christofascists don’t take anything literally, they do frequently take things narrowly though. And where this narrow focus is trained shifts around dependent of their desired outcome.